Monday, April 11, 2011

boulder

On Sunday, we decided to go see what all the buzz was about in Boulder. When I was originally scoping out a new city, I took a trip to San Francisco, which was on the list of potentials. While discussing my plans with just about everyone I met there, I kept hearing Boulder being suggested as a destination. But after doing a little investigating, I decided I didn’t really like the yuppy factor or the college-town vibe that Boulder seemed to have. Plus it was super expensive and flashbacks of spending three weeks pay on rent certainly deterred me.. But it did get me started looking at Colorado and that’s when I started seriously investigating Denver. 

So we set out to see if we had made the better choice. Shawn was a bit skeptical, as Boulder is situated much closer to the mountains, as he had hoped Denver would be. But after a bit of strolling down the shopping strip and stopping for lunch, we were quite sure we’d picked the right place for us. 

Boulder kind of has that same thing going for it that the Lower East Side does—they seem like a bunch of hippie (or hipster) bums but they’re actually obnoxiously rich trust fund kids who are (as my dad would say) “eat up with it”. Not saying that everyone fits that definition per se, but enough of them probably that I’m happier not living amongst them :) However it is nice that Boulder is only 45 minutes to an hour away and provides the opportunity to mix things up a bit with additional shows and festivals.

No comments:

Post a Comment