Sunday, April 17, 2011

staying in

Unfortunately, work got in the way of garage sales this weekend :( Which is actually probably okay since I pretty much have my hands full with projects I’ve already purchased. I woke up this morning with arms sore from sanding. And I’m still not done! Hopefully today I’ll be able to cross at least one item off the sanding list.

I went to an open call for a local caterer on Saturday for a serving job so I at least have the opportunity to make some money. They’ve been around for 40 years and are very organized but they’re not exactly paying what I’d like, so it’s good and not so good. They are catering a 450 person event on the 28th, which is the reason they are doing a mass hiring. All of their scheduling is done online, so when I got the email with the job request, I went online to accept and discovered a 5 am call time. Say whaaaat?!

I also met with a florist last week who is looking for some extra help. We’re meeting again this week to discuss more specifics. So things are in the works, just not moving as quickly as I would like them to.

Since I have spent a very large part of the past few days on the internet, it only seems fitting to share one of my new favorite things. Pinterest.com. It’s just a collection of images that people find on other sites and “pin” to this site. You can create your own board and “repin” images that you love into your own little collection. I haven’t gone that far yet, but I definitely find myself getting lost in the gorgeousness. And the images are categorized so you can find beautiful decorating ideas, wedding details (ooh la la), travel scenes, etc. A few that caught me:

Love the silver/gold combo
Neat idea for hanging those zillion necklaces
A bit shabby chic for my home but a cool use for antique doilies
From the DIY section.. you will definitely be seeing a ruffle pillow on my couch in the near future.
I have also been enjoying apartmenttherapy.com. I recently added it to my Google Reader and it has been seriously flooding my feed with items. (On a side note, am I the only one who gets seriously stressed when I have unread items? It’s like I have homework that’s gonna be late.) My favorite thing right now is the Small Cool 2011 contest they’re running. It’s interesting to see how people decorate and organize their small spaces. Definite inspiration. There’s also a “Scavenger” feature where they showcase cool finds in cities across the country. And plenty of DIY before and afters which I can never get enough of. I thought this one was pretty great:


They made that headboard for $60, inspired by a West Elm design. Don’t even get me started on West Elm. Insert dream table here: 


At first glance I thought the headboard was made with picture frames. Which would be awesome because honestly who wants to do all that mitering, but still.. a pretty nice result for only 60 bucks. I have a feeling Apartment Therapy and I are at the beginning of a long and beautiful friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment