Monday, April 11, 2011

dmv joy

Monday started off with the delivery of the dresser I had checked out the day before, this funny thing that I find myself walking into the room and just smiling at :)


After a trip to the locksmith to ask about parts for a super cute glass doorknob Shawn got me months ago which has now become the Bane of Our Existence (more on that later), we rounded out the productive day with a lovely visit to the DMV for our Colorado licenses. Little did we know it was the last day of Spring Break and apparently the entire city of Denver had turned 15 over the weekend.. So after three hours, two cheesy smiles, and one failed vision test (luckily my 9th grade glasses are still going strong!) we were outta there and on to our next mission. 

During the wait, Shawn had managed to line up a free table from our favorite Craigslist that happened to be in the neighborhood. So after enjoying our second back to back Jack in the Box meal of the day (the only food anywhere near the DMV.. the horror!), we pulled up to what turned out to be a serious jackpot of second hand goods :) 

Once again, Civ blew us away with her capabilities and we managed to strap on a table and coat rack to the roof. 

Inside, I enjoyed sharing my backseat and passenger space with both a dining chair and an upholstered armchair. What comfort!


This picture does not tell the whole story since my phone has no panoramic feature, but ahead of Russian Immigrant Shawn is the Denver skyline, which prompted me to proclaim in my best Middleburg accent, “We’re headin’ to the big city, baby!”

No comments:

Post a Comment