Sunday, April 10, 2011

so it begins...

This blog is in response to several requests from friends who want to know how life is in Denver. Maybe not so much several as perhaps two or three, but for anyone else, I will just pretend that you care to know the minute details of what Shawn and I are up to :)

Our adventure began with closing the Jacksonville chapter of our life (something Shawn was getting used to doing..) with numerous goodbyes to friends and family.  A cowboy themed taco dinner on St. Patty’s Day thrown by my dearest Jess, complete with piƱata and this awesome poster: 


Friday night was a fantastic “Family Dinner” at Sara’s with her family, Brian, and Cynthia. Delicious kebabs and grilled shrimp and quality time around the firepit.

Saturday began with a final garage sale hurrah with my mom and sister while Shawn got new shoes on the Civic for her upcoming trip. That evening we went to Kristin’s going away party her parents were throwing for her upcoming Seattle move. After a bit of mingling it was back to Project Packing until we almost fell asleep on the floor. But there were still more goodbyes to say so we scraped ourselves together and headed to Island Girl one last time. This resulted in Shawn’s own personal open mic night (“How’s everybody doing out there tonight?”) which is appropriate given the amount of karaoke he’s scattered over the First Coast.

Sunday was pack pack pack pack pack until I nearly had a breakdown. Were the naysayers right? Was I crazy to think all of THIS 
would fit in my two door Civic? Note: this picture does not include any of Shawn’s possessions, my clothes, or my shoe collection that is apparently of the size that it needed to be put in a separate box and strapped to the trunk of the car. But I did eventually get it all in and we had a few more visits from friends and said our last goodbyes.
Shawn and his handiwork

No comments:

Post a Comment