Tuesday, April 12, 2011

craft time

I've been slowly gathering pieces for various projects that have each been waiting on one missing piece to complete. These first two are definitely the easiest of projects on my to-do list so of course I did them first. We picked up some black lacquer paint the other day so I was finally able to finish my key rack a la garage sale finds.


The backing is I think from a piece of radiator cover that I trimmed down to fit into the 5 x 7 frame. The frame used to be a similar gold but that was looking a little crazy. The hooks came from the same sale that we got our plant stand bar from. I just wired them on through the holes. And the old key I picked up from a funny little shop in Austin. So now our keys have a home.

While I was in the crafting spirit, I decided to finish off my plant stand that had been waiting for some more attention. This one will be used as an actual stand for plants (namely herbs) and not for serving cocktails from. It looked like this when we got it:


Not exactly my style. I painted it this khaki/greenish color which was actually a leftover sample from one of my old house painting clients. (Thanks Dwayne!) Then I roughed it up a bit and added some free pots that I found at another sale. So now I just have to get some more pots and the actual plants and we’ll be cooking with fresh herbs in no time :)


No comments:

Post a Comment