Monday, April 11, 2011

the job hunt

The beginning of our first real week in Denver meant it was time for the dreaded job hunt to begin. Bleh. On Monday, Shawn went out and got hired at the first place he went to. Fantastic! I knew the whole time it wouldn’t be an issue for him to start working quickly. Tuesday was my turn. Sliiightly more difficult. I stopped at a few.. excuse me, my chauffeur took me to a few.. florists where I turned in my resume and went over my portfolio. And yes, Shawn did wear a vest and driving cap to fill the role. 

A few potentials but nothing super-promising. Everyone is of course more willing to offer freelance work for events than an actual position, which is fine by me as long as I’m doing SOMETHING. I did email a few other places and make some calls to event planners, so we shall see. Anyway, enough about the tedium of job hunting.. Also on Tuesday we stopped in to Steuben’s for some food and cocktails. Someone on the ship had recommended it to Shawn so we decided to check it out and I must say it could be a new favorite. I only say could because there’s so many options around here that I don’t want to go picking favorites just yet, but we have already been back for a second time so I think that’s a sign :) 

They have an awesome spirit selection which has our wheels turning on what to add to our own little bar.. I love you, negroni, but if I think it’s time to change our relationship status. Not only are the drinks superb but the food is pretty much amazing all around. The grilled veggie sandwich I had that day came with an olive tapenade and spicy relish. On the next visit I chose a potato pancake and chicken green chili (which is everywhere around here) and have yet to be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment