Monday, April 11, 2011

dresser sneak

Sunday was a dreary day and Shawn was working a double so I decided to take the car and surprise him with a dresser I had seen on the List. Taking the car = removing it from where Shawn had parked it outside of work. Note to self, send a text. I thought surely I’d be back in time and return it without him being the wiser, but construction on my way back plus the freezing rain coming down had held me up a bit. Needless to say, he walked out of work to where the car used to be and promptly walked right back in to ask his co-workers about the towing situation in the area. To which they responded that cars were never towed from there, but since it’s on the edge of the seedy area, theft was not entirely out of the question. So I put him through a bit of stress as he tried to figure out what he would say when he called me. Which is how it always seems to go with surprises. 

Anyway, the point is that I did get the dresser and managed to maneuver it actually inside the car with me (you’d be surprised how much room is in there when you lay down the passenger seat) and get it home and upstairs without spilling the beans. That is until the first thing Shawn does is start Craigslisting as soon as he’s in the car (as is our habit with any free moments) and calling people about dressers. So at that point I had to just come out with it. One surprise that fell flat on its face.  However in that short amount of time, he did find one very cute dresser that I made an appointment to see later in the day. There’s no way all of our clothes were going in one anyway so I guess it all works out in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment